I learned a couple of things that I wanted to share:
- A great starting point for learning about WF is a demo site at http://dinnernow.net/
- meant for developers, not an enduser/business analyst product. “It’s just a DLL” – Geoff Snowman
- SharePoint heavily leverages the WF tool
- Now being used by 3rd party folks.. K2 builds an enduser focused workflow tool. They have ditched their engine in favor of WF.
- Workflow is a higher level of abstraction.. You can do it in C#, but why would you want to be in the weeds?
A big thank you to Matt Sposato for getting the relaunch of ChoDotNet started! He did a great job getting the meeting going, and with ~40 folks, I look forward to seeing the momentum maintained!