Last Modified: July 24 2020
Effective Date: July 24 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Who we are and how to contact us
www.opensourceconnections.com (“our website”) is a website operated by Opensource Connections, LLC (registered under the Law of the Commonwealth of Virginia with registration number S145413-3). Our main trading address is 608 Preston Avenue, Suite 300 Charlottesville, 22903, Virginia, United States.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone (434) 466-1467 (US) or +44 (08700) 118334 (UK).
By using our website you accept these terms
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase services from our website, even if payment is processed through a third party booking or payment platform, our terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales. You will be asked to read and accept our terms and conditions of supply when you purchase our services through such third party platforms. You can find our terms and conditions of supply here. The terms and conditions of the third party provider may also apply. Please read any such third party terms and conditions carefully.
We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our website
We may update and change our website from time to time.
We may suspend or withdraw our website
Our website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this Agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
How you may use material on our website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. This includes (but is not limited to) where online meetups are publicized, linked to or otherwise referred to on our website, Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OUR WEBSITE (AND ANY CONTENT ON IT) AND YOUR USE THEREOF ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, we HEREBY exclude and DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, RELATING TO OUR WEBSITE (AND ANY CONTENT ON IT) AND THE Use THEREOF BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If you are a resident of the European Union or the United Kingdom and if defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (UK) and/or the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. §§ 1030 et seq.) (US). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the applicable federal laws of the United States, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction. Without limiting the foregoing provision, you and WE expressly agree: (a) that the Virginia Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act, Virginia Code §§ 59.1-501.1 et seq. (“UCITA”) IS expressly excluded from this Agreement, (b) that any and all terms contained in UCITA will have no force or effect on any portion of this Agreement, and (c) that UCITA does not apply to this Agreement or OUR WEBSITE. We retain all rights at law and in equity to enforce the provisions of this Agreement in accordance with applicable laws.
Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or relating to (a) these Terms, or (b) our website (or content on it) or the use thereof by you or any other person, will be commenced and maintained only in a state or federal court of competent subject matter jurisdiction situated or located in Albemarle County, Virginia or the City of Charlottesville, Virginia. YOU AND WE BOTH CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF AND VENUE IN ANY SUCH COURT (AND IN ANY OF THE APPROPRIATE APPELLATE COURTS THEREFROM) AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY OBJECTION (INCLUDING ANY OBJECTION BASED ON INCONVENIENT FORUM) WHICH YOU OR WE MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE TO VENUE IN ANY SUCH COURT.
Our trade marks are registered
“THINK LIKE A RELEVANCE ENGINEER”, “TLRE” and “HAYSTACK” are US / International registered trade marks of Opensource Connections, LLC. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our website above.