Relaunch of Charlottesville Dot Net User Group
Last week I decided to learn a bit more about .NET, and attended the relaunch of the Charlottesville .NET User Group who was featuring Geoff Snowman talking about Windows Workflow Foundation.
I learned a couple of things that I wanted to share:
- A great starting point for learning about WF is a demo site at http://dinnernow.net/
- meant for developers, not an enduser/business analyst product. “Its just a DLL” – Geoff Snowman
- SharePoint heavily leverages the WF tool
- Now being used by 3rd party folks.. K2 builds an enduser focused workflow tool. They have ditched their engine in favor of WF.
- Workflow is a higher level of abstraction.. You can do it in C#, but why would you want to be in the weeds?
A big thank you to Matt Sposato for getting the relaunch of ChoDotNet started! He did a great job getting the meeting going, and with ~40 folks, I look forward to seeing the momentum maintained!
More blog articles:
What is a 'Relevant' Search Result?
A relevant search result helps users take further steps, make good decisions, and supports their ability to formulate better, more...
Tesseract 3 and Tika
In which we deal with learning that sometimes you don't get to use the latest version of Tesseract...
Demystifying nDCG and ERR
In this post, we unwrap the mystery behind two popular search relevance metrics, and discuss their pros and cons. Our...
The latest in search news, delivered to straight to your inbox.