Relaunch of Charlottesville Dot Net User Group
Last week I decided to learn a bit more about .NET, and attended the relaunch of the Charlottesville .NET User Group who was featuring Geoff Snowman talking about Windows Workflow Foundation.
I learned a couple of things that I wanted to share:
- A great starting point for learning about WF is a demo site at http://dinnernow.net/
- meant for developers, not an enduser/business analyst product. “Its just a DLL” – Geoff Snowman
- SharePoint heavily leverages the WF tool
- Now being used by 3rd party folks.. K2 builds an enduser focused workflow tool. They have ditched their engine in favor of WF.
- Workflow is a higher level of abstraction.. You can do it in C#, but why would you want to be in the weeds?
A big thank you to Matt Sposato for getting the relaunch of ChoDotNet started! He did a great job getting the meeting going, and with ~40 folks, I look forward to seeing the momentum maintained!
More blog articles:
What happens at a Lucene/Solr Hackday
How we hosted and ran a Lucene Hackday in Washington DC the week of the Activate conference, and what attendees...
Announcing Relevance Cornucopia🦃 - How Natural Language Search completes Learning to Rank
Our next training event, Relevance Cornucopia🦃, we'll add the missing piece to the manual tuning & learning to rank picture:...
Diversity vs. Relevance in Search Systems
Search systems struggle to balance diversifying the result set to match likely intents vs ranking against one well understood intent....
The latest in search news, delivered to straight to your inbox.